This is my real life love story.

The

Beginning

and

all

the

Ends.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Taking the hand of my best friend, deployment and all.

After meeting Jeff for the first time I knew that he was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. My dream came true. I married my best friend, my love, my hero and my soul mate on May 20th, 2011. After years of ups and downs, deployments, tears, tribulations, and nights apart I finally can say that we conquered the worst. I am faced now with our first deployment as his wife. Jeff's job in the Army is one that very few hold. It's not a job or a career, but more of a devoted yet dangerous skill instilled upon him. My husband (I love saying that) is a damn good solider. He is up at 5am and doesn't come home till I have my jammies on. I have never heard him complain, nor has he ever brought work home with him. He is the most humble and selfless men I have ever known. Though he can't tell me much about his deployments and what he does for our country I know it affects him. He isn't the same little boy I met 4 years ago. He is tethered, rusted, and torn. The Army has a way of doing that to our young service men and women. This upcoming deployment I can see the nervousness and fear in his eyes. Not because he is scared of the unknown, but because he is scared of the known. He has already been to hell and back numerous times, somewhere where most people will never have to see thanks to the brave protecting us. I feel for Jeff because this deployment will be especially hard on him because he was only able to spend a month with me his new wife, and less than a month in our new home. Jeff is such a worry wort and I really pray he can keep his mind and heart straight while in a combat zone. Jeff has cat like instincts; ready to pounce when prey arises, but when a cat is given a little catnip he becomes rampant and judgment can be dampened.  I pray he will remain strong, confident, and sharp when in the face of danger. I pray he comes home safe, with memories to share with grandchildren. But most of all, I hope he is able to see and experience to good that accompanies all evil. Here's to the next year supporting my soldier, my husband, and my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment