This is my real life love story.

The

Beginning

and

all

the

Ends.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It doesn’t happen overnight, when you turn around a month has gone by.


Love is when they are your world... love is when that person doesn't complicate your life but they compliment it. When no matter what they have on they still look amazing to you. When you are with them time seems to fly but when you are apart it takes forever to see them again. When even though they have made you mad or have hurt you, you can't help but love them. How when you see them your stomach still gets butterflies and you begin to smile no matter what mood you are in. When they touch you, you get cold chills all over. When the hardest thing to do is to say good bye. When every time you blink their face is all you see and every time you day dream they are all you dream about. When someone can look at you and see love in your eyes. When you can be clear across the room from them and know the second they walk into a room. When you can be in the middle of a conversation with someone and just glance at them and all of a sudden time begins to slow down and it becomes just you and him and that's the way you want it to be. When reality becomes better then a dream and life seems too good to be true. That's what love is. It's the feelings you only experience in those special moments that are spent with the one you love.
Growing up as a country bound girl has its ups and downs. Living in a town where you can’t blink without someone knowing, or having everyone know when you make a mistake. In high school I did what every varsity cheerleading captain does…date the star football player. Did I love him, hell no! Everyone else loved us. That’s how life works in a small town. You can never live for yourself, but you live to make the whispers quite. My whole life I grew up around beautiful girls that were obsessed with being friends with me. In my eyes, I had no idea why they cared so much to be MY friend. I was a normal girl, except the fact I couldn’t tell you anything about being a girl. I never quite figured that one out. I grew up admiring my brother that wanted nothing to do with his annoying little sister. I wanted to hang out with the guys and drink beer on the top of a grain elevator. I liked making mistakes and breaking bones. I wasn’t your normal prom queen next door, I liked my boots dirty.
My mother gifted me with one form of knowledge, and that’s once you find the man that makes your knees weak…take his heart and run. In life all that matters is finding someone you love to share it with. You can’t live for others, because in the end they won’t live for you. My mother having gone through two divorces and never truly finding love, she settled and was determined to never let me follow in her footsteps. I never intend on following my head over my heart but, in real serenity how do you divide the two when you can’t tell which is which?
December 13th, 2007, I had my heart stolen…I just didn’t know yet.
Handsome, quiet, and overly polite…is just the icing of the man that has walked into my life. 18 years-old how could anyone know what real love is? I could see his hands shaking. Why? How could I possibly make a man that scared of me? Was that supposed to happen?
He walked in and the rest is a blur. The one thing I can remember like it was yesterday was his charm, and his perfect smile. A sweet southern boy in the army, a man my mom always warned me about. I remember watching him trying not to stare at me. I remember laughing at him, and him getting embarrassed. I’ll never remember that adorable little nervous laugh, the one I still hear every day. Sitting outside in the freezing cold just so we could share a cancer stick and figure out what we really were doing. Making small talk killing time, I wanted nothing but to freeze time. Asking him the normal “I’m trying to get to know you” questions. The politically correct questions no one really truly cares about. After about 4 hours of sitting and talking, our first night came to an end. Honestly I don’t remember anything from what we talked about because I was so absorbed in him. Jeffrey Lee…a handsome southern boy who at that time I didn’t know it…but he already had my heart. When he left for the night I closed the door and laughed…what was this man so scared of?

1 comment:

  1. Girl, he is scared because you are amazingly beautiful! Any man would die to have an amazingly gorgeous woman like you! I hope he knows how lucky he truly is.

    ReplyDelete