This is my real life love story.

The

Beginning

and

all

the

Ends.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A working man's hands.

Taking a look back on that first day I can’t help but smile. We were young, restless and had no idea what to make of our lives. The only thing we had set in stone was that the military owned our lives. Military controls what you wear, where you go, and ultimately what you decide you want in your life.
After a couple days go by I get an offer to grab dinner with Jeff and his fellow soldier No-Go. I’ve found that every military base I have been to, they are surrounded by a lot of amazing restaurants and foods from many cultures. Thai food was the choice for tonight’s date. I get to the restaurant and see Jeff sitting with No-Go. I sit down and once again I can’t help but stare at Jeff’s adorable confused look on his face. Jeff growing up in Alabama had never been to a Thai restaurant. I could tell he had no idea what to order. With that being said, No-Go and I had to order for him. We enjoyed the rest of dinner, and decided we would go back to the barracks to see Jeff’s room. One thing that’s for sure is that the Air Force and the Army are two completely different realms.
It’s a small 10 X 10 room filled with posters and camo. We sit down and talk through the night. Before I know it 5 hours had past. He taught me how to put on all his gear, and I teased him in the process. I can’t help but constantly smile at this man, the one who is so scared of every move he makes with me. Why do I scare him? I’m 5’5 and couldn’t harm a fly, but for some reason his hands still shake. When I grabbed his hands I rush came over me. There is something about a working man’s hands that make me melt. A man’s hands tell the story of his life. Where he has been, what he’s held, how he works, and most of all…they show how compassionate a man is. A man that grips your hands wants control, but not Jeff. He laid his hands in mine and barely held on. His fingers were still shaking and he couldn’t even look me in the eye. Finally I asked “what are you so scared of?” he scooted closer and replied “I am scared I’ve fallen in love with a girl I barely know.”

2 comments:

  1. WHY CAN'T I FIND A MAN LIKE THIS?
    Does he have a brother?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife read this and has decided to make her own blog. thanks for all the inspiration! Keep it up! I hope you guys are married by now! You are quite the looker and I bet he is too, hollywoods perfect couple!

    ReplyDelete